During the usage of the product, it is aimed to eliminate the pain permanently.
Thanks to the mechanical barrier created by the product, it is desired to eliminate itching caused by microorganisms. During treatment, it is expected that the hemorrhoids swelling will shrink from day to day. The use of 1 bottle of MemeThol will usually suffice for 1st and 2nd stage hemorrhoids patients. 3rd and 4th stage hemorrhoids patients should use 2 bottles of MemeThol. (There should not be a day interval between the use of 2 bottles.)
Should be applied externally by spraying. Suppositories or injection apparatus is not required.
For more information please consult your doctor or pharmacist or contact us.
Manufacturing, R&D and clinical evaluation studies of MemeThol Barrier Spray were carried out by Almediko in collaboration with Hacettepe University, Faculty of Pharmacy.
The quality control analyses of the products are carried out by Academician staff of Hacettepe University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Solution Laboratories in accordance with the official methods prescribed in the European Pharmacopoeia.
Who Can Use
The product can be used by adults suffering from hemorrhoids and anal fissure problems.
There is insufficient data on the use of MemeThol in pregnant women.
Memethol is only recommended for use in pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk (unless there is no other treatment option) or should only be used with a doctor’s recommendation.
There is insufficient data on the use of MemeThol during lactation period. In Lactating mothers, MemeThol should only be used with the advice of the doctor.
- MemeThol resolves the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids such as pain and itching by a non-pharmacological way.
- During treatment, it is expected that the hemorrhoids swelling will shrink from day to day.
- MemeThol protects the irritated anal area against microorganisms by creating a mechanical barrier at the outermost layer of the skin.
- Barrier layer formation allows the product to remain in contact with the anal area for a longer time.
- The pH of the product is compatible with the anal area.
- With the use of MemeThol, it is targeted to eliminate pain, itching, swelling and bleeding who has hemorrhoids and anal fissure problems and it helps to return to their healthy lifestyle.
- Before starting to use MemeThol, all medicines, ointments, sprays, etc used for hemorrhoids should be discontinued. The use of MemeThol should be started at least 24 hours after discontinuing, and no other products should be applied to the anal area during the complete treatment.
- Ensure that the anal area is clean and dry before using the product.
- Remove the bottle from the box and SHAKE the bottle for at least 5-10 seconds.
- To apply the product, take a position to be able to exactly spray at the anal area.
- By turning the nozzle on top of the bottle upwards, and ensuring to spray exactly on the anal area, spray 8 times. Prevent contact with the genital area. (MemeThol must be used in a way closest to the diseased area at anal region.)
- After spraying, it is advisable to wait for 1-2 minutes in the sitting position, so that the product does not flow and does not reach the genital area.
- After waiting 1-2 minutes, you can wear your underwear.
Frequency of application
- Use the product once a day. (1×8 Spray)
- Apply MemeThol every day (Posology: 1×8 Spray once every 24 hours) without interruption. If stopped for a day, symptomatic treatment may not give desired results.
- Even if your complaints disappear before the product finishes, continue to use the product once a day until the bottle finishes.
- The use of 1 bottle of MemeThol will usually suffice for 1st and 2nd stage hemorrhoids patients.
- 3rd and 4th stage hemorrhoids and anal fissure patients should use 2 bottles of MemeThol. (There should not be a day interval between the using of 2 bottles.)
- After the use of 1 bottle of the 1st and 2nd stage patients and 2 bottles of the 3rd and 4th stage patients, the process of healing in the area continues for 20-30 days. The result can be seen after this time is completed. After this period is completed, if required; 1st and 2nd stage patients may use 2nd bottle, 3rd and 4th stage patients may use 3rd bottle.
- Bottle must be shaked before each use
- It should be used in the described manner.
- Do not use with other products applied to the anal area.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not drink
- Do not contaminate your mouth, nose or other parts outside of the hemorrhoids.
- In case of contamination, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Do not contaminate your clothes and your belongings.
Steps that can be used incorrectly and Results
- In case of contamination of mouth, nose, eyes burning sensation may occur. Immediately wash with plenty of water.
- In case of failure to comply with the recommended dosage, it can cause irritation of the skin.
- Products should be stored at room temperature.
DO NOT STORE IN REFRIGERATOR, THE PRODUCT MAY DETERIORATE.
Precautions for First Use
The instructions for use must be read well before first use.
All precautions must be considered before and during application.
In case of any allergic reaction after the first use, stop using the product.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not expose to direct light or heat.
- The recommended storage temperature is 15-35 °C.
- Store in the product box. Do not store in the refrigerator.
There are no known side effects of the product.
However, in some cases, written below, redness, irritation, itching, skin color change, scabbing and skin rash may be occurred. It is expected that these symptoms are disappeared after the use of product is stopped.
- If the safety and usage instructions (in case such that the product is not shaken well, product is used excessively) are not followed during use,
- In case of a person has any allergies towards the active ingredients in product,
- If the product is applied in extreme hot weather,
- If a person has own skin sensitiveness or disease.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled for you all questions and answers that asked or may be asked about MemeThol Barrier Sprey.
Is it enough to used 1 bottle of MemeThol?
The use of 1 bottle of MemeThol will usually suffice for1st and 2nd stage hemorrhoid patients. 3rd and 4th stage hemorrhoid patients should use2 bottles of MemeThol. (There should not be a dayinterval between the using of 2 bottles.)After the use of 1 bottle of the 1st and 2nd stagepatients and 2 bottles of the 3rd and 4th stagepatients, the process of healing in the area continuesfor 20-30 days. The result can be seen after this time iscompleted. After this period is completed, if required;1st and 2nd stage patients may use 2nd bottle, 3rd and4th stage patients may use 3rd bottle.
I am pregnant can I use the MemeThol?
There is insufficient data on the use of memeThol in pregnant women.
MemeThol is only recomended for use in pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk (unless there is no other treatment option) or should only be used with a doctor’s recommendation.
After using MemeThol, bleeding was observed. Should I continue to use it?
This is very rarely observed in the use of Memethol. In some cases, sometimes increasedbleeding may be occurred. If these conditions are at anuncomfortable level to you, stop using MemeThol; ifnot, it is recommended to continue usage.
Can I discontinue to use MemeThol after using for 3 days?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions that we have come across. The patients who have used Memethol when see desired results in the first three days, would prefer to discontinue the course of treatment and think of saving the rest of the bottle for next time. For complete treatment and to avoid the recurrence,we strongly recommend that the MemeThol should be applied without interruptionas mentioned in the user manual. If stopped for aday, symptomatic treatment may not give the desiredresult.
While using MemeThol, a burning sensation was observed. Is it normal?
Immediately after using MemeThol, the coldsensation given by the active ingredients in MemeTholis characterized as pain or ache and a possible burningsensation are expected to be observed as aresult ofusing MemeThol. This is observed in every patient.However, because the pain and achethresholds of thepeople, as well as the hemorrhoids stages are different,these sensitivities may be less in some people and morein some people. This burning sensation may continuefrom 30 minutes to 4-5 hours and differs from personto person. We strongly recommend that it is recommended to use the second bottle of Memethol without giving any break.
Can lactating women use the product?
No, it is not recommended in lactating women as trials have not been performed in these cases.
Does MemeThol contain herbal ingredients?
No, Memethol is not a product containing any herbal ingredients. It contains 2-isopropyl-5-methylcyclohexanol and 1,2-propanediol as active ingredients.
What would happen if I missed the use of MemeThol for one day?
To get the desired results, it is necessary to use Memethol at the same time everyday until the completion of the bottle. If missed one day, the circulation of the blood at the anal area would be reduced and hence may not give the desired results.
Can MemeThol be used two times daily?
No. Memethol must only be used one time every 24 hours as mentioned in the user manual. Importantly, along with using MemeThol once 24hours a day, it is advisable to use 1-2 hours before bedtime.Thus, allowing the product to remain in contactwith the anal area for a longer time.
Can I use any other hemorrhoids product (cream, tablets…etc) along with MemeThol?
Definitely no.Before starting to use MemeThol, all medicines,ointments, sprays, etc used for hemorrhoids should bediscontinued. The use of MemeThol should be startedat least 24 hours after discontinuing, and no otherproducts should be applied to the anal area during thecomplete treatment.
After using MemeThol, there was a cold feeling sensation. Is it normal?
Some patients, sometimes wash the area where Memethol is sprayed which results in cold feelingsensation. This is normal. However, we recommend that the area may not be washed and the spray may be allowed to be left in contact with the area for a long time. Hence, it is advisable to use the spray atleast 1 hour before going to bed.
Who can use MemeThol?
MemeThol can be used by adults suffering from hemorrhoidsand anal fissure problems. We recommend the consultation of the doctor’s diagnosis before using the product. It must be noted that the same symptoms may be an indication of another disease and not hemorrhoids.
I have used MemeThol without shaking. Is that ok?
Before using MemeThol, the bottle MUST BE SHAKENWELLfor at least 5-10 seconds before every use. If you forget to shake it, the formulation may not be exact and youmay not get the expected result from the product.
Is MemeThol only used for internal hemorrhoids or also external hemorrhoids?
Memethol may be use for both internal and external hemorrhoids. By turning the nozzle on top of the bottle upwards,and ensuring to spray exactly on the anal area (in a way closest to thediseased area),spray 8 times. Prevent contact with the genital area.
Are there any side effects with MemeThol?
There are no known side effects of the product.However, if the safety and usage instructions (in casesuch that the product is not shaken well, product isused excessively) are not followed during use,andalso in case of person has any allergies towards theactive ingredients in the product, application of theproduct in extreme hot weather, person has own skinsensitiveness or disease; redness,irritation, itching, skincolor change, scabbing and skin rash may be occurred.It is expected that these symptoms are disappearedafter the use of the product is stopped.In some cases, the hemorrhoids swelling may grow biggerinstead of reducing in size and sometimes increasedbleeding may beoccurred. If these conditions are at anuncomfortable level to you, stop using MemeThol; ifnot, it is recommended to continue usage.It is determinedto be skin friendly through analysis.In case of an unexpected side effect, please consult yourdoctor or pharmacist.
Can MemeThol be used by children under the age of 15?
No, it is not recommended for children under the age of 15as trials have not been performed in thesecases.
Does MemeThol contain paraben and cortisone?
No. MemeThol Barrier Spray does not contain hormonessuch as cortisone and paraben derivatives. It is determinedto be skin friendly through analysis.
MemeThol Barrier Spray which is patented and having no other equivalent is not only in pharmacies in Turkey but also takes place in many countries thanks to participating at the world’s largest international fairs (CPhI 2016 Istanbul – Barselona, CPhI 2017 Istanbul – Frankfurt) and gaining lots of distributors in there due to reliability, quality, effective results of our product. Furthermore, MemeThol Barrier Spray is a product registered by Ministry of Health in countries that we take place.
2018 Fair Calendar is below. We would like to thank all the doctors, pharmacists and companies who visited our stand before, in 2018 we will be honored to welcome you again in our stand. Click for more international details.
9 – 11 October 2018 IFEMA,